You are very important to us at Ovenpig.
We hold your appointments just for you and ask that if you need to cancel or reschedule any appointment, out of courtesy, please provide us with at least 72-hour notice. This way, our team will be able to adjust their schedules accordingly and we may be able to accommodate other clients.
A payable deposit of £25 is included in the price of each Professional oven clean through Ovenpig online, up until 24 hours prior to your appointment you may call and reschedule your booking, after this point charges occur.
We do, of course, understand that unavoidable issues come up and will do our best to work with you in case of an emergency.
Last minute cancellations (less than 24 hours) or ‘no shows’ (not home at time of appointment) will be charged a cancellation fee each time. Here is our general breakdown of cancellation fees:
- You may cancel your appointment with full refund up until 72 hours prior to your appointment
- Appointments after 72 hours but before 24 hours can be rescheduled only.
- Less than 24-hour notice will result in a charge equal to your deposit of £25*
- ‘NO SHOWS’ will be charged equal to your deposit of £25*
As a courtesy, we do contact you to confirm the date and time of your appointment. We also send an email reminder the day before (online bookings).
Please understand that it is your responsibility to remember your appointment dates and times in order to avoid missed appointments and cancellation fees. You are always welcome to call and double check any appointments if you’re unsure.
We will always try our best to accommodate you if you’re running behind, stuck in traffic, etc. We too run late from time to time as we cannot determine the condition of the previous job before yours, however we will always call.
We reserve the right to cancel or reschedule a service/appointment in cases where an accident or any unexpected circumstances have befallen the assigned cleaning team.
By booking any of Ovenpig Domestic Oven Cleanings services, either through our Online shop, Website booking form, e-mail or phone, the Client (customer, you) agrees to be bound to these Terms and Conditions. Any part of these Terms and Conditions may be changed at any time without notice. You are advised to read them before entering into an agreement and regularly afterward and agree to be bound to the current version. Last update 30/07/2015.
1. Cleaning Services1.1 All cleaning services are carried out with all due professional care.
2. What we need2.1 The Company shall provide all cleaning supplies and cleaning equipment necessary to carry out the service. 2.2 The Customer must provide running water, electricity/gas, sufficient light and (where applicable) access to keys and security/alarm codes in order for our operatives to enter the premises where the service is to take place. 2.3 All appliances must be fully functional at time of appointment; our service requires the heating of your appliance, if we are unable to do this we may not be able to carry out your service. 2.4 If you have booked an AGA, Rayburn, Redfyre or Stanley cooker to be cleaned, please ensure you switch off your AGA oven or set the heat to minimum from the previous day in order for us to clean it without any risk of injury. We will advise this at time of booking. 2.5 Whilst we carry out our work in your kitchen the area becomes our workplace, as part of our risk assessments we ask that children and pets are kept out of the area, of course we cannot enforce this, however we do utilise hand tools that may cause harm in the wrong hands. We will do everything we can to avoid this but cannot be held liable for pets or children if left unattended in our workplace. 2.6 Once our initial inspection and heating process is complete we will need to isolate the appliance at the main switch, please notify your operative where the switch is located. 2.7 We reserve the right to refuse any cleaning job if the condition of the property is hazardous to the health and well being of our operatives. 2.8 Since trading commenced in 2010 we have never needed to increase our price or refuse service on the day of service/inspection of a customer’s appliance, however we reserve the right to refuse an appliance should it be in such condition that the time required to complete may have a negative affect on other customers on the same date. Should we deem that an appliance needs an excessive amount of time to complete, we will rearrange the appointment allowing for enough time between customers, in order for us to complete to our usual standard. We may need to agree a new price to allow for the time to complete. (30/07/15) 2.9 We may not be able to carry out our service should all/any of the above apply, should this be the case there will be no further charge other than your initial deposit, which will act as a call out fee for attending your property.
3. Parking3.1 Parking for the company vehicle must be provided at the client premises or as close as is reasonably possible, to allow easy and safe access for the operative. 3.2 Any parking costs will be added to the price of our service on the day of your appointment. 3.3 We reserve the right to refuse to park our vehicle in an area where any potential fine or penalty may be applied, or any area that may be deemed hazardous to our operatives, a proportion of our service is carried out in our vans and we will not put our operatives in any danger whilst parked on any public road. We understand that this may not be in our clients control and will happily rearrange the appointment without charge to another day when access to parking is more likely to be available if this is the case. 3.4 Our vehicles are essential to our business; therefore we will not park them in any area where damage (either accidental or intentional) is deemed likely to occur.
4. Payment4.1 Should you book online and pay in full, no further payment for services will be applicable on the day of your appointment, other than additional charges for replacement bulbs or accessories you purchase on the day. 4.2 Booking online and paying an initial £25 deposit, we require the full outstanding balance to be paid upon completion of our services prior to our operative leaving your property, you may pay via cash or cheque. (cheque payments will require card details to be printed on the reverse and incur £0.50 admin fee) 4.3 If bank transfer is agreed, the transfer should be arranged for the day prior to our services. The company reserves the right to cancel an appointment in failure of receiving the bank transfer in advance. 4.4 Should we make prior arrangement with another business, agency or association payment will be required within 30 days of completion, late payments shall incur charges based at rate of 8% per annum above the Bank of England base rate from the due date until the date of actual payment under the Late Payment Act. 4.5 All online payments via checkout in our online store are made via Paypal, you do not need a Paypal account to make payments. We use Paypal as it is one of the most secure methods of payment online, its costs us more in transaction fees than other providers but we think giving customers peace of mind is worth so much more. We reserve the right to amend the initial quotation, should the Client’s original requirements change, incorrect information be supplied by the customer at time of booking or should the incorrect options be chosen during online check out, additional costs due to errors will be due on the day of service. All prices are per appliance partial or full clean service and not charged by the hour. We cannot at this time accept card payments over the phone.
5. Our Process5.1 Upon arrival at your premises our operative will first need to inspect your appliance before bringing any equipment into your property, this is to determine which equipment we will need to carry out our service and to ascertain the above mentioned conditions in section 2. 5.2 Whilst inspecting your appliance any obvious issues will be highlighted to you, our customer. This is to determine any pre-existing damage to the appliance or areas that may need further inspection by a trained repair engineer. Our process will not damage your appliance in any way, other than that of human error by our operative. We will always arrange repair or replacement of parts damaged through operative accident/negligence. 5.3 The condition of your appliance may make identification of damage to enamel difficult prior to our service. Should we uncover any damaged areas of enamel during our process we will highlight this to you. We cannot be held responsible for any pre-existing damage to your appliance, whether seen prior to our service or uncovered through the removal of debris and carbon. 5.4 We only use 100% biodegradable, caustic and fume free detergents to get your oven back to its very best. All oven cleaning services also include the front fascia, doors (internally & externally), panels, fan and bulb covers as standard. 5.5 As part of our service we take photographs, both prior to cleaning and after our service has been completed, included in these photographs are any areas of pre-existing damage to your appliance. Once we have cleaned your oven and removed all dirt and debris it can highlight any damaged areas, these photos are taken as evidence to show the issue was pre-existing and not caused through the process of our service. 5.6 As part of these terms all/any photos will be taken without the kitchen in the frame so your home is not identifiable. These photos remain the property of Ovenpig Domestic Oven Cleaning and may be used as examples of our work via social media or publication of any kind, we will never publicise our customers details in conjunction with the images. If you do not wish us to utilise these images for publication please tell your operative. 5.7 Once your service has been completed your operative will demonstrate the appliance in full working order and ask you to inspect their work. Once happy with the service, we will ask you to sign and print your inspection/receipt/worksheet to say that you are happy with the service as carried out. Please ensure you check your appliance as no liability can be held against Ovenpig Domestic Oven Cleaning after this point. 5.8 Cleaning will not remove scratches, chips, defects in the enamel or scorch marks. 5.9 Defects in item to be cleaned – Ovenpig Domestic Oven Cleaning shall not be held responsible for damage caused by the quality of the appliance to be cleaned if the damage was not detected during a professional inspection prior to the appliance cleaning (e.g. damage as a result of loose knobs or handles, damaged seals and other hidden defects) or if our operatives are unable to detect this in the course of their professional inspection. 5.10 Although every care will be taken during the cleaning of your appliance(s) it has been our experience that in case of heavily used or older ovens, some items can be very difficult to remove from the appliance in order to achieve our very high standards of cleanliness. Therefore we feel obliged to advise you, in advance, that problems do occasionally arise. Fittings can become brittle from a combination of age and heat. We may not be able to remove all fittings from your appliance should this be the case. 5.11 Older Ovens – Customers requesting our cleaning services for older ovens accept and understand that we hold no responsibility for any cleaning fluid or materials entering cracks in element/s not visible to the naked eye but already present before cleaning operations commence. Customers must be aware that, should this happen, it is possible for the element/s to fail when subsequently used. Our Operatives take all reasonable precautions to prevent this happening but cannot be held liable for subsequent element failure following an oven clean. Should we believe an issue may be present with any element/s within your appliance we will first highlight this issue to you prior to carrying out our service, we may also have to complete a “dry clean” above such elements to avoid getting them wet, a dry clean service on the panel/s above or behind any element may not result in the same standard as the rest of the appliance, but our operatives will do their upmost to ensure the highest standard of clean possible.
6. After care service6.1 When our technician has completed the clean and before any payment is taken the customer will be asked to fully inspect their appliance to check the quality of our work and to confirm the appliance is in working order (as mentioned in 5.7). 6.2 Once you have completed online checkout via our online shop you will receive 1) an order confirmation receipt 2) A phone call from one of our operatives confirming which date we are able to fulfill from either your “preferred” or “other” dates as entered into the store appliance options 3) A reminder email the day before your appointment – This will arrive as an “order shipped” email as we will change the status of your order to let you know your products or our service van are on their way to you the following day. 6.3 Approximately fourteen (14) days after completing online checkout you will receive a further email asking you to review our products or services as purchased, please fill out this review and it will auto upload into our shop against the item/s, services you have purchased. 6.4 When signing your service receipt/inspection document at the completion of our service clean, there is a further option for you to select, please indicate when you would like us to make contact with you again, you can select select, 3, 6, 9 or 12 months and we will contact you again via email to remind you that your oven is due a further service. This is a reminder service only at your request. If this section is left blank we will automatically send a reminder after 12 months, then again after a further 6 months. 6.5 When completing checkout you will be asked for your email address, please provide us with this so we can manage your after care service and provide you with future information, for example discounts, charity events, job vacancies and others. 6.6 Your email address will be automatically added to our database for our monthly newsletter, if you receive our newsletter and decide you would rather not have it, then please unsubscribe.
7. Liability & Insurance7.1 Ovenpig Domestic Oven Cleaning shall be liable to the full and unlimited amount for the damage of parts at the replacement cost. For damage caused during cleaning, the cleaner shall be liable only when gross negligence can be proved and then to the full and unlimited cost of replacement. Liability shall otherwise be limited to the price of cleaning. 7.2 Any work undertaken us is covered by a Public Liability Insurance policy, you may request details of this policy at any time. 7.3 We shall not be liable under any circumstances for any loss, expense, damage, delay, costs or compensation (whether direct, indirect or consequential) which may be suffered or incurred by the Customer arising from or in any way connected with: 7.3.1 Our failure to carry out our services as a result of factors beyond its control. Factors beyond our control include acts of god, floods, severe weather conditions, and inability to gain access to premises, lack of appropriate resources, such as water, electricity and lighting. 7.3.2 Late arrival of our operatives at the service address. We endeavour to be on time on any visit but sometimes due to transport related and other problems which are beyond the Company’s control, the Company operatives may arrive with a delay or the cleaning visit may be rescheduled. 7.3.3 Any existing damage to Clients property/appliances as mentioned in terms and conditions sections 2 & 5 which cannot be cleaned/removed completely by the cleaning operative using the industry’s standard cleaning methods. 7.3.4 The Company shall not be liable under any circumstances for any loss, expense, delay, costs or compensation (whether direct, indirect or consequential), which may be suffered or incurred by the Customer if the Customer has an outstanding balance aged 30 days or more from the date the payment, was due.
8. ClaimsRefund claims will not be considered once the cleaning service has been carried out. All services shall be deemed to have been completed to the Client’s satisfaction unless written notice is received, with details of the complaint within 24 hours of the work being completed. 8.1 The Customer agrees that final inspection and signature waivers any obligation of Ovenpig Domestic Oven Cleaning. No claims after this point shall be valid other than those at our discretion. 8.2 The Customer agrees to inspect the work immediately after its completion and to draw the operative’s attention to any outstanding cleaning issues while they are still on site. The operatives will carry out any such additional work to the Customer’s complete satisfaction, prior to obtaining signature. 8.3 If the Customer or any third party instructed by the Customer is not present at the time of the service then no claims regarding any cleaning issues can be made. 8.4 If the Customer instructs a third party to inspect the result from the cleaning then 8.1 applies. 8.5 In case of damage, the Company will repair the item at its cost. If the item cannot be repaired the Company will rectify the problem by crediting the customer with the item’s present actual cash value towards a replacement upon payment of the cleaning services rendered. 8.6 The Company shall not be responsible for damage due to faulty and/or improper installation of any item. 8.7 No claims shall be entertained if the Customer has an outstanding balance aged more than 30 days. 8.8 Any attempt to commit insurance fraud or any use of false information to commit any type of fraud will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law together by the Company and the Insurance Providers(s). Monetary compensation as well as legal fees may be incurred.
However we will fully investigate any complaint and attempt to resolve the issue. Whether this be a communication issue or a training need with your operative. No company likes or wants unhappy customers and we will do our upmost to please, please bare in mind once our service clean has been signed as acceptable by customer/s we cannot accept complaints at a later date. If you are unhappy simply don’t sign and contact us to discuss the issue. Should we return to rectify the issue we will always send another operative to save any issues on a one to one basis.
We will do our best to make sure your appliances are cleaned to a high standard. However, if they have not been cleaned since they were purchased, regrettably we will not be liable for ingrained dirt that cannot be removed using chemicals. While our operatives make every effort not to break items, accidents do happen. Replacement is always attempted but not guaranteed. For this specific reason, The Company requests all irreplaceable items (whether monetarily or sentimentally valuable) be stored away and/or not cleaned by the cleaning operatives.
10. Availability of Goods10.1 Our Website is only intended for use by people resident in the UK. We do not accept orders from people resident outside the UK or our coverage area. You agree that: 10.1.1 You are legally capable of entering into binding contracts; 10.1.2 You are at least 18 years old; 10.1.3 You are resident in the UK; and 10.1.4 You are accessing Our Website in the UK.
11. Data Protection and Passwords11.1 We comply with Our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998, any accounts set up via our online shop cannot be seen by anyone at Ovenpig Domestic Oven Cleaning or our third parties. The only info we receive is for orders as placed. 11.2 It is your responsibility to keep any user details and passwords that enable you to access certain pages of Our Website confidential. We shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to protect the confidentiality of such user details and passwords.
12. Risk and title12.1 Any goods/products purchased through our online shop will be at your risk from the time of delivery. 12.2 Ownership of the goods/products will only pass to you when we receive full payment in cleared funds of all sums due in respect of all orders you have placed for Goods, including delivery charges. 12.3 It is the purchaser’s responsibility to ensure all/any products purchased through our shop are fit for purpose and used in accordance with the instructions on the packaging. We do not sell specialist commercial products requiring specialist knowledge or training. All products are also available on the high street and should be used as instructed as per manufacturers instructions. Any issues arising from the use of such products should be taken up with the manufacturuer.
13. CopyrightAll Web site design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof, and all software compilations, underlying source code, software (including applets) and all other material on this Web site are copyright of Ovenpig Domestic Oven Cleaning and its affiliates, or their content and technology providers. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Permission is granted to electronically copy and to print in hard copy portions of this Web site for the sole purpose of placing an order with us. Any other use of materials on this Web site – including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above, modification, distribution, or republication – without the prior written permission of Ovenpig Domestic Oven Cleaning is strictly prohibited. Other product and company names mentioned on this Web site may be the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
14. DisclaimerThis web site has been designed to provide general information about Ovenpig Domestic Oven Cleaning and its products and services. The information presented here is not intended to provide technical advice or to provide instructions on the use of the products supplied by Ovenpig Domestic Oven Cleaning. Any information contained or referenced in this web site is suitable only as an introduction to Ovenpig Domestic Oven Cleaning and its products and services. For specific advice and instructions related to our products and services, please contact Ovenpig Domestic Oven Cleaning directly. We have made – and will continue to make – great efforts to provide accurate and up-to-date information. However, we make no warranty or representation, express or implied, that the information contained or referenced herein is accurate or complete. Furthermore, Ovenpig Domestic Oven Cleaning shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever for direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damage resulting from the use of, access of, or inability to use this information. In addition, Ovenpig Domestic Oven Cleaning shall not be liable in any way for possible errors or omissions in the contents hereof. In particular, this applies to any references to products and services supplied by the Ovenpig Domestic Oven Cleaning. This web site also contains third-party information and links to other Internet sites. Wherever practical, in our opinion, such information is marked accordingly. We take no responsibility whatsoever for such third-party information. Moreover, we have no knowledge of information contained in other Internet sites and take no responsibility whatsoever for such information. All images and information contained in this web site are, to the extent possible, copyrighted and otherwise proprietary. All product names printed in capitals or otherwise appropriately marked in this web site are trademarks of the Ovenpig Domestic Oven Cleaning. No use of this information is permitted without the prior written consent of Ovenpig Domestic Oven Cleaning. We reserve the right to alter the content of this web site in any way, at any time, for any reason, without prior notification, and will not be liable in any way for possible consequences of such changes. Price and availability information is subject to change without notice. Except as specifically stated on this Web site, to the fullest extent permitted at law, neither Ovenpig Domestic Oven Cleaning nor any of its affiliates, directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this Web site or the information, content, materials or products included on this site.
15. LawThese Terms are governed by the laws of England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales.